Some Rules for Effective Communications
03 Jan 2012
Comments Off on Some Rules for Effective Communications
This set applies to writing. Follow these rules to increase attention, understanding, memorability and desired action regarding your subject.
- Be clear. No matter how well you write, be straightforward.
- Be concise. If it’s too long it will be delayed or deleted.
- Be relevant. Use the words, style and stories that mean something to your audience
- Be readable. Adjust your style to the medium you’re using and ensure design supports copy.
- Be timely. Leverage attention while your audience is attentive to the topic.
- Be distinctive. Use words, phrases, constructions that are different.